Monday, September 29, 2008

"36 Weeks"

Well, usually I like attending the special events that my company sponsors, but when you are eight months pregnant it's not quite as fun!  My back and my feet were killing me by the end of the night!  Otherwise, I'm still feeling great and enjoying these last weeks of pregnancy.  Now that I'm almost there, I'll share with you the latest updates and things I've learned along the way...

- Most of my expectations about pregnancy weren't exactly realistic.
- I haven't "forgotten" the morning sickness like people told me I would.
- Feeling the baby move in your belly is the most amazing experience!
- Everyone has guessed that I'm having a boy including clients, construction workers and even a homeless guy!  Not one person has looked at me and guessed I'm having a girl - very interesting!
- I've put on twenty pounds so far, but I've tried to go with the flow in that area.  I never knew that the weight gain could be so sporadic.  I put on 7 1/2 pounds one month and actually lost 2 pounds another!
- My food cravings have changed drastically from month to month - there was a Spaghetti-O phase, a chips and salsa phase, a Pop-tart phase and a major Taco Bell bean burrito phase.
- According to my doctor's 2-second stomach evaluation, Asher should be about 7 1/2 pounds at delivery - we'll see!
- I was told that Asher is in the correct position for natural childbirth with his head down.  His heartbeat is great, and his growth is right on schedule.
-We probably have a couple of weeks left before the big day, but we'll keep you up to date!!!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

It's almost time!! Raina, you look absolutely beautiful! You have the most amazing maternity clothes too! :) We can't wait to meet Asher. You both will be amazing parents! God is so good!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to believe the birth won't be anything like you're expecting either ("this will be a pain of GREAT intensity")& you'll just pop that little guy right out!

PS.... do you understand that I'm coming to live with you TOMORROW!!

Anonymous said...

As I write this Leslie & Chelsea are on their way to Atl.for the flight to NYC. I wish I were going with them(I was invited, but...) Raina you look so beautiful. You have your mothers awesome smile. I can't believe its almost time for Asher to be born. I get emotional just thinking about it, whats it going to be like when I actually see him! Chelsea has really dedicated herself to being prepared for her duties-she will be an awesome nanny, and you 2 will be awesome parents. Asher is a blessed baby.

KateVonGlahn said...

You look great. I hope you have a wonderful delivery. Keep me posted on what your Dr. is saying!

Gina Ferrara said...

your dad is not allowed to make comments while I'm in this post-partum stage, he makes me cry every time I read them! what an awesome father you have and granddaddy for asher.

you do look amazing, always have! and you're going to have an amazing delivery!!!!! now make sure you tell asher to arrive before 10/28 okay? ruby wants to welcome him into this wonderful world :)

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but I saw your wedding post. Where did you get that dress? It's amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rain/Lij beans, I finally remembered to look up this blog now that i have internet. I know I need to call and say a BIG thank you for the generous birthday gift you guys sent my way. I'm a lousy jerk for not calling sooner, I know. Glad everything is going ok, I'll talk to you guys soon.