Thursday, November 13, 2008

"Our First Week With Asher"

Our first week with Asher has been amazing!  We are already so in love with him.  He gets cuter every day, and he is such a sweet baby!  He is pretty chill and only gets fussy when he is hungry.  He loves to eat just like his Mom and Dad! :)  Other than the lack of sleep, I'm also doing great.  I love being a Mom, and I never could have imagined the overwhelming flood of emotions that having this little guy would bring.

We have lots of pictures to share thanks to Nanny Chelsea.  On top of all of her other important duties, she has also taken on the title of photographer extraordinaire.  Enjoy the pics!!!

Asher's first day home from the hospital.





"Parenting 101"



This is Asher's first outing - we took a walk in Astoria Park.  The leaves are so gorgeous this time of the year!






This is obviously a week of many firsts - he actually seemed to enjoy his first bath!

Well, maybe he was a little apprehensive!

That's better...

All clean! :)


Go Dawgs!

Stella getting in on the parenting game!


We loved having Kristin and David in town - I tried to convince them not to leave!

Sara is a natural!

Darryn was also a natural with Asher.  You guys are free and clear to babysit anytime! :)

Stella petting Asher- it was a big surprise to her that Asher had somehow gotten out of my tummy, but she came to terms with it pretty quickly.  She was soon walking around say "Elijah, Raina, Baby"!

Stella really wanted to be cuddling with Asher at all times!  I think she needs a sibling!! (hint, hint)








7 comments:

Hannah Hoffmann said...

Oh, wow, Raina, he is beautiful. Not many newborns are really beautiful, but he really is. I'm glad he's sweet for you. You look great, too!

KateVonGlahn said...

I agree with Hannah. He really is beautiful. Of course I am crying as I look at the pics and think how blessed we are with these two sweet boys.

Mel said...

Ok, I was complaining about a lack of pictures to Elijah, but this post will keep me happy for a while! Seriously though, I love him already and I haven't even met him yet!

Gina Ferrara said...

that's definitely elijah's baby! beautiful pics. all of you, including chelsea, look rested!

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful baby bean....tell him his Mimi is heading that way! We love you all so much. God is so faithful!!!-Mombean

Anonymous said...

Uh huh, that is one Miranda baby. Big lips like Eli. raina so happy that everything went smoothly. Love you both and can't wait to see you during Christmas! - Mac

Faithfully Anna said...

Congratulations!!!! Asher is absolutely beautiful...so sweet..best of luck to you all:)